WHAT THE EYE CANNOT SEE, A TELESCOPE CAN!
The evening presentation at the Cosmos Centre is a delight. Take a tour of our spectacular Outback Night Sky.
- See such things as star clusters, planets, nebulae and learn about the Milky Way and how we fit into the Solar System.
- Our special observatory is unique, an entire roof is rolled off to reveal the sky as you have never seen before.
- Our experienced guides take you on a journey through the Cosmos. Share their Knowledge and see the universe like you have never seen it before.
We love star gazing and we want you to love it too; book early – we often book out.
PLEASE BE AWARE: These tours cannot operator when there is inclement weather. Dress warmly April – September.
EVEN MORE INFORMATION:
- Tour of the night sky looking through 4 large Meade telescopes housed in our observatory
- No experience or prior knowledge required
- Suitable for all ages – families welcome
- Group, concession and family rates are available
- The entire roof moves off the observatory to enable horizon to horizon viewing of the night sky
- Experienced local guides point out constellations and explain planets, stars, clusters, nebula and galaxies in easy to understand everyday terms and assist as you view objects through the telescopes
- In a normal session you can expect to look at approximately 5 of the best seasonal objects in the sky and this may include a combination of both solar system and galaxy phenomena.
- Group bookings and specific sessions can be arranged on request (bus tours, schools, clubs, etc).
- Takes approximately one hour
- Operates all year round (weather permitting)