UNCOVER THE MYSTERY OF THE NIGHT SKY
If all you can find is ‘The Saucepan’ or ‘Southern Cross’ and you hear yourself saying “what star is that?”… Then this session is for you. During your Introduction to the Night Sky your guide will give you the tools to:
- Use a star disc
- Recognise coloured stars
- and how to Navigate the night sky
- Basic introduction of the night sky
- Discussion and explanation of the night sky, how the stars move and the cycle of night sky through the seasons.
- Explanation and how to use a star wheel.
- Tour of the night sky using a laser where the guide points out constellations, planets, and stars. It should be noted that no telescopes are used in this session.
- No experience or prior knowledge required
- Suitable for all ages – families welcome
- Takes approximately 30 minutes.
- As no telescopes are used and a dark sky is required we do not operate these sessions around the full moon period each month.